Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

One More Angel Graces Heavens Gate

September 17, 2010



Reading
1 Corinth 15:12-20
Brothers and sisters:
If Christ is preached as raised from the dead,
how can some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead?
If there is no resurrection of the dead,
then neither has Christ been raised.
And if Christ has not been raised, then empty too is our preaching;
empty, too, your faith.
Then we are also false witnesses to God,
because we testified against God that he raised Christ,
whom he did not raise if in fact the dead are not raised.
For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised,
and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain;
you are still in your sins.
Then those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
If for this life only we have hoped in Christ,
we are the most pitiable people of all.

But now Christ has been raised from the dead,
the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.




Gospel
Luke 8:1-3
Jesus journeyed from one town and village to another,
preaching and proclaiming the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Accompanying him were the Twelve
and some women who had been cured of evil spirits and infirmities,
Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza,
Susanna, and many others
who provided for them out of their resources.



I recently learned that an old friend from Jr. High passed away.  He has been battling cancer since February of 2004.  He was told at the most he had two years to live.  His name was Billy Ingle.  He leaves behind a wife, Heather, and two daughters, Scarlett and Isabella.  I am posting a video that they made several months ago and also his wifes Caring Bridge post the day of his passing.  Once seeing and reading them, if you ever had doubt that the Lord is working through us all and that he has risen, will rise again and one day Billy will rise with him, you will doubt no more.  Please keep this family in your prayers.

Billy Ingles Video...Please Watch  Ingle


Heathers Caring Bridge Post:



THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010 12:30 PM, CDT
As most of you already know, a band of angels and possibly Jesus Christ himself came to 6367 Glenview Drive at 10:45 and took Billy home.  Oh, what a relief it was when his soul finally departed his worn and weary body.  Billy put up the strongest fight, as I knew he would.  I have always said that he is the strongest and most gentle man that I have ever known or ever will know.  

Billy's last month of his life was a hard struggle but the last two days were the absolute worst.  I just couldn't have ever prepared myself for what Billy went through at the end.  But because of that, when Billy took his last breath I was so relieved that his struggle was over and he would never struggle again.  I couldn't even cry because I had such joy in my heart for him.  I felt like a robot because everyone else was crying and upset and I couldn't squeeze out a tear if I tried.  I almost felt an elation.  Just to think, that I was there to see his last breath on this earth and know that his next breath was him entering into the gates of Heaven.  
The girls are dealing with this better than I thought they would.  I know the road will be long before I ever really know how this has affected them. They have so many people who love and care for them, so they are not traveling this road alone.

I want to let everyone know that there have not been any plans made for Billy's memorial service yet.  I should know something by this afternoon or tomorrow.  I am trying to see if we can have his service on Saturday the 25th, which is not this coming Saturday but the next.  Billy wanted to be able to help someone by donating his body to UAB.  So there will be no viewing or grave side service.  Just a celebration of one amazing life.  

I will update with more information when I can.  Thank you, to everyone who has helped us through these past 6 1/2 years and especially to those who helped take care of Billy the last two days of his life on this Earth.

Love,
Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment