Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

BUSY

When you see or talk to a friend, one of the first questions asked is usually " How have you been ? ".  I can guarantee that the answer will be most likely one of two answers.  You will either say " Fine " or " Busy".  Most of the answers I give and receive is " Busy ".  Life has become busy for almost everyone.  People work and have families.  You have to take care of your families at home.  But these days you take care of them out of the home as well.  With things such as volunteering at school, groups, church and sports.  You have to make sure everyone has what they need when they need it.  You have to make sure you have food to feed them and either prepare it or go out to eat.  You have to get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there and picked up when they need to be.  There is laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, working, cooking, errands to run and volunteering.  I could go on and on and on.  My point is we are all way to busy.  All of this takes time and what spare time we have I guarantee someone with find something for you to do.  What does busy mean?  It could have a different level of the meaning to different people.  I could say I am busy, and you could disagree because you  may be doing more than me, however, my level of busy may be all I can handle and your level could be much more.  I heard once that the definition of busy is: B- being , U- under , S- Satan's , Y- yolk.
Read today's reading and then I will continue on my thoughts......


Gospel, Luke 8, 4-15
When a large crowd gathered, with people from one town after another
journeying to Jesus, he spoke in a parable.
"A sower went out to sow his seed.
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path and was trampled,
and the birds of the sky ate it up.
Some seed fell on rocky ground, and when it grew,
it withered for lack of moisture.
Some seed fell among thorns,
and the thorns grew with it and choked it.
And some seed fell on good soil, and when it grew,
it produced fruit a hundredfold."
After saying this, he called out,
"Whoever has ears to hear ought to hear."

Then his disciples asked him
what the meaning of this parable might be.
He answered,
"Knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God
has been granted to you;
but to the rest, they are made known through parables
so that
they may look but not see, and hear but not understand.

"This is the meaning of the parable.
The seed is the word of God.
Those on the path are the ones who have heard,
but the Devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts
that they may not believe and be saved.
Those on rocky ground are the ones who, when they hear,
receive the word with joy, but they have no root;
they believe only for a time and fall away in time of temptation.
As for the seed that fell among thorns,
they are the ones who have heard, but as they go along,
they are choked by the anxieties and riches and pleasures of life,
and they fail to produce mature fruit.
But as for the seed that fell on rich soil,
they are the ones who, when they have heard the word,
embrace it with a generous and good heart.



Being overly BUSY is another way of not hearing.  If we do not slow down and listen, how do we expect to hear.  If we listen but do not retain what we hear, how do we expect to follow out and live what we heard.  God speaks to us all the time in many ways.  But when your mind is full of all that has to be done then how does your heart here what NEEDS to be heard.  
I recently have gone through some things that have made me slow down and listen.  What has been laid upon my heart which is what I am hearing God say is the most important order of life for me should be, God, Children and Husband and then myself.  Friends and Family are great to have.  Some come and go and those that stay should be living this way to.  I am here to raise these children to be happy, healthy and faith filled.  I am to raise them and take care of them as God himself would.  I have to take care of my husband and his needs.  I must make sure he is happy and has what is needed from me.  I do not want to ever look back and wish I had done this or that.  Taken the time I didn't take.  I want no regrets.  I also do not want my husband and my children to look back and think I wasn't there as I should have been, I didn't spend the time I should have spent and I didn't do the things I should have.  My life at this point is being lived for our Lord, my family, myself and others.  When time permits I will nurture my friendships and family time is always nice.  It is good to be with friends and family as they are always there.  One day my children will be grown and I pray that this is how they live their lives.  If I choose to be BUSY it will not be under Satan's yolk, it will be under God's word and the seed he has sewn on my heart.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment